- IT Service Management
Increased competitiveness, complex business processes and technology explosion has lead to a compulsion of specialized skills marked as a mandatory for individuals involved in delivering these business services. Foundation level knowledge is nowadays a pre-requisite for perfoming service management activities, at the same time, it is also important to have specialized knowledge and expertise in handling practical real-life situations.
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification : Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) is part of the ITIL Intermediate capability stream and one of the modules that leads to ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for those who require a deep understanding of PPO processes and/or operational staff involved in PPO processes who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
Delegates willing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the 2011 Foundation or V3 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate) which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
• Outline and plan key activities for planning, protection and optimization (PPO) processes
• Create and define capacity plan in addition to several key activities around capacity management
• Implementation and management of the processes and functions involved in providing cost justifiable IT services that are aligned with the business needs/requirements
• Evaluate and analyse planning, protection and optimization (PPO) processes with key performance indicators and other relevant metrics
• Implementation aspects of effective Capacity, Availability, IT Service Continuity, Information Security and Demand Management processes.
• Prepare for and take the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO) Certification Exam
• The importance of Planning, Protection and Optimisation while providing service
• How all processes in Planning, Protection and Optimisation interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
• The processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the Planning, Protection and Optimisation processes
• The importance of IT Security and its contributions to Planning, Protection and Optimisation
• How to measure and use the Planning, Protection and Optimisation processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
• Analysis, justification and selection of the implementation approaches, challenges, critical success factors and risks
• Instructor Led - Complete Classroom Learning with limited class size. The course includes work-based practical activities and discussions as well as real-life case studies.
• 3 Days (Examination is conducted at the end of 3rd day of training)
• Pre-study enrollment pack consisting of ITIL reference materials
• Officially accredited extensive ITIL Courseware
• Real life case studies and practical assignments including extensive review sessions
• Official ITIL sample papers (2 sets)
• Extensive Support (Email/Phone) (Access to Innate Labs - ITIL Forums)
• Earn 24 PMI® PDUs
• 100% passing guarantee - Else we pay your re-exam fees
Course Fees Includes:
• ITIL Training Fees
• ITIL 2011 Intermediate Qualification - Planning, Protection and Optimization Certification Examination Fees
• 4-Star Conferencing Facilities including lunch, Tea/Coffee
• Course Deliverables as stated above
Certification Examination Details:
• Examination Format : Multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions
• Number of Questions : 8
• Pass Score : 70% i.e. 28/40
• Exam Duration: Maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary).
• Exam mode : Online or Paper Based Examination fully accredited by APMG-International - UK
Introduction and Overview
Capacity management activities
Scope of availability management
Concepts and activities
IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM)
ITSCM to generate business value
Information Security Management (ISM)
Overview of ISM
Key activities for ISM implementation
Purpose of demand management
Identifying demand management patterns
Roles and Responsibilities
Technology and Implementation Considerations
What is this course all about?
In this course, you learn how to plan, execute, manage and optimise the planning protection and optimization processes. Through personalized coaching, practical assignments, real life case studies, practice (mock) exams and extensive review sessions, you not only gain the requisite knowledge to take the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Planning Protection and Optimization Certification Exam but also gain detailed insights in the planning protection and optimization guidance as provided by the ITIL Framework.
What background do I need?
As mentioned in the Course Details section, you would be requiring to hold ITIL 2011 Foundation Certificate OR ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate OR V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate to attend this course and take the ITIL Certification Exam on the final day of class.
It is also suggested that you:
Does this course counted towards the credits for ITIL Expert certification?
Yes, as you achieve the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Planning Protection and Optimization, you gain four credits towards the ITIL Expert certification. To be able to gain the ITIL Expert certification, you require to earn minimum of 22 credits. Please refer: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/qualifications/creditprofiler.aspx
What processes comprise the Planning Protection and Optimization syllabus of ITIL 2011 Edition?
The ITIL Planning Protection and Optimization Certification syllabus includes the following topics:
Is this course aligned and updated according to the changes of ITIL 2011 Edition?
Yes. This course is updated as per latest ITIL 2011 edition.
What are the changes being made to ITIL Service Design : Best Practice Guidance book for ITIL 2011 Edition?
Throughout the updated ITIL Service Design publication, there has been a particular focus on alignment with ITIL Service Strategy. A number of concepts and principles have been enhanced, most importantly the flow and management of activity throughout the overall service design stage, with the addition of the design coordination process. Other noted enhancements include the five aspects of service design, the design of the service portfolio, and the terminology related to service catalogue views.
What is the difference between Lifecycle and Capability Qualification Certification?
The Lifecycle and Capability certification forms the two streams/paths, or branches, of the ITIL intermediate-level qualification scheme.
The Lifecycle stream consists of five modules or certifications. These certifications focus on the service lifecycle, the use of process and practice within the lifecycle and developing the skills needed to deliver quality service management practices in an organisation.
The Capability certificates, which includes the Planning Protection and Optimization are made up of four modules, are focused toward those who want a thorough understanding of ITIL processes and roles. The primary focus is on activities, execution and use of the processes throughout the entire service lifecycle.
Innate Labs is a high end IT services, training and consulting organization providing IT services, training and consulting in the field of software quality assurance & testing, software development methodologies, process improvement, Service management and project management.
Intermediate Level - Capability Stream
"It not only helped me to achieve ITIL certification but also provided me the practical insights to improve my day to day work and help my organization achieve ISO 20000."
IT Manager, QSG - Vadodara
"The course was really good in terms of facility, faculty and materials provided. Faculty was able to explain all our questions in detail to understand ITIL concepts thoroughly which helped in clearing the ITIL certification exam with ease."
Network Administrator, L&T Infotech, Pune
"Trainer is very good and he has lot of patience to clear all the doubts and having a good command over the topic too. My special thanks to Innate Labs team to help us get the most valued certification in IT Service management - ITIL from OGC, UK. Scored 98% in the exam.
Senior Manager - IT Infrastructure - Reliance Industries Limited
It not only helped me to clear the exam but also provided me the practical insights to improve my day to day work and help my organization achieve ISO 20000."
Senior Manager (IT), Gujarat Gas, Ahmedabad
"I was skeptical about this course and certification as to whether it would actually add value to my career or not. Attended the course last month and I am amazed by the knowledge points as well as best practices I have learnt. It helped me to clear the ITIL exam too with 95%."
System Admin, Rishabh Software, Vadodara
"I am extremely happy for doing ITIL course in Innate Labs. It was a 2 day knowledgeable journey with you. Before I joined Innate Labs Training , I didn't had much knowledge about ITIL stream and even Innate Labs. But after I started to learn this course, I definitely gained much more knowledge than I had expected. "
Head (Operations), Tulip, Mumbai
I am pleased by the exemplary knowledge and practices I have came across in this training workshop conducted by Innate Labs. Becoming a foundation level certified ITIL professional (87%) provided me with a accelerated career growth in my current organization too."
Senior Consultant, Ernst & Young, UAE
AXELOS is a joint venture company, created in 2013 by the Cabinet Office on behalf of Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) in the United Kingdom and Capita plc, to manage, develop and grow the Global Best Practice portfolio. AXELOS boasts an already enviable track record and an unmatched portfolio of globally recognized best practice qualifications..
EXIN is an initiative of the Ministry of Economic Affairs - Netherlands. Established in 1984, EXIN went on to produce various IT standards, such as the ITIL®, PRINCE2® and ISPL and now is the world's leading provider of independent information management certification and accreditation. EXIN has been providing the certification and accreditation services in these fields for more than 30 years now.
PeopleCert is a leading Examination Institute which accredits training and consulting organizations, and manages certification schemes for professionals. PeopleCert is a global leader in the assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organisations and government bodies to develop and deliver market leading exams worldwide..
ISTQB is an International Testing Qualifications Board established in 2002. The board is responsible for the "ISTQB Certified Tester".
CMMI®, Capability Maturity Model®, Capability Maturity Modeling®, CMM® and Carnegie Mellon® are registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office by Carnegie Mellon University. ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of Axelos Limited - UK. Used under permission of Axelos. All rights reserved, ICTP, ICTA and ICQA are service marks of Innate Labs Private Limited. COBIT is a registered trade mark of ISACA and the IT Governance Institute (ITGI). PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of Axelos Limited - UK. Used under permission of Axelos. All rights reserved.The Swirl logo™ is a Trade Mark of Axelos Limited - UK. Test Maturity Model and TMM® are the service marks of Illinois Institute of Technology. TMMi ® is the registered trademark of the TMMi®Foundation. "PMI", "PMP", the PMI logo, the PMI Registered Education Provider Logo, "PMBOK", "PgMP"are the registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.