- ITIL® Certification Workshop
Increased competitiveness, complex business processes and technology explosion has lead to a compulsion of specialized skills marked as a mandatory for individuals involved in delivering these business services. Foundation level knowledge is nowadays a pre-requisite for perfoming service management activities, at the same time, it is also important to have specialized knowledge and expertise in handling practical real-life situations.
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification : Release, Control and Validation (RCV) is part of the ITIL Intermediate capability stream and one of the modules that leads to ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for those who require a deep understanding of RCV processes and/or operational staff involved in RCV processes who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
Delegates willing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the 2011 Foundation or V3 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate) which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
• Outline and plan key activities for release, control and validation (RCV) processes
• Structure and define business data models including the service knowledge management system
• Implementation and management of the processes and functions involved in achieving control and stability within an IT infrastructure
• Evaluate and verify operational release, control and validation (RCV) processes with critical success factors and key performance indicators
• Implementation aspects of effective Change Management, Service Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Knowledge management, Request Fulfilment and Change Evaluation
• Prepare for and take the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Release, Control and Validation (RCV) Certification Exam
• The importance of Release, Control and Validation while providing service
• How all processes in Release, Control and Validation interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
• The processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the Release, Control and Validation processes
• The importance of IT Security and its contributions to Release, Control and Validation
• How to measure and use the Release Control and Validation processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
• Analysis, justification and selection of the implementation approaches, challenges, critical success factors and risks
• Instructor Led - Complete Classroom Learning with limited class size. The course includes work-based practical activities and discussions as well as real-life case studies.
• 3 Days (Examination is conducted at the end of 3rd day of training)
• Pre-study enrollment pack consisting of ITIL reference materials
• Officially accredited extensive ITIL Courseware
• Real life case studies and practical assignments including extensive review sessions
• Official ITIL sample papers (2 sets)
• Extensive Support (Email/Phone) (Access to Innate Labs - ITIL Forums)
• Earn 24 PMI® PDUs
• 100% passing guarantee - Else we pay your re-exam fees
Course Fees Includes:
• ITIL Training Fees
• ITIL 2011 Intermediate Qualification - Release, Control and Validation (RCV) Certification Examination Fees
• 4-Star Conferencing Facilities including lunch, Tea/Coffee
• Course Deliverables as stated above
Certification Examination Details:
• Examination Format : Multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions
• Number of Questions : 8
• Pass Score : 70% i.e. 28/40
• Exam Duration: Maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary).
• Exam mode : Online or Paper Based Examination fully accredited by APMG-International - UK
Introduction and Overview
Core Release, Control and Validation Processes
Service asset and configuration management (SACM)
Service validation and testing (SVT)
Release and deployment management (RDM)
Request Fulfillment and Change Evaluation
Analysing how service requests should be handled
Evaluating services against target performance in the context of change
Knowledge Management (KM)
Roles and Responsibilities
Technology and Implementation Considerations
What is this course all about?
In this course, you learn how to plan, execute, manage and optimise the release control and validation processes. Through personalized coaching, practical assignments, real life case studies, practice (mock) exams and extensive review sessions, you not only gain the requisite knowledge to take the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Release Control and Validation Certification Exam but also gain detailed insights in the release control and validation guidance as provided by the ITIL Framework.
What background do I need?
As mentioned in the Course Details section, you would be requiring to hold ITIL 2011 Foundation Certificate OR ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate OR V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate to attend this course and take the ITIL Certification Exam on the final day of class.
It is also suggested that you:
Does this course counted towards the credits for ITIL Expert certification?
Yes, as you achieve the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Release Control and Validation, you gain four credits towards the ITIL Expert certification. To be able to gain the ITIL Expert certification, you require to earn minimum of 22 credits. Please refer: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/qualifications/creditprofiler.aspx
What processes comprise the Release Control and Validation syllabus of ITIL 2011 Edition?
The ITIL Release Control and Validation Certification syllabus includes the following topics:
Is this course aligned and updated according to the changes of ITIL 2011 Edition?
Yes. This course is updated as per latest ITIL 2011 edition.
What are the changes being made to ITIL Service Transition : Best Practice Guidance book for ITIL 2011 Edition?
The structure, content and relationships of the service knowledge management system (SKMS) and configuration management system (CMS) has been made more clear to enable the delegate to understand these key concepts with ease. There is new content detailing how a change proposal should be applied in practice. The evaluation process has been renamed as change evaluation, and the purpose and scope have been updated to simplify when and how this process should be used. The service asset and configuration management process contains supplementary content relating to asset management, and there are enhancement in the flow and integration of a number of processes, including change evaluation, change managementand release and deployment management.
What is the difference between Lifecycle and Capability Qualification Certification?
The Lifecycle and Capability certification forms the two streams/paths, or branches, of the ITIL intermediate-level qualification scheme.
The Lifecycle stream consists of five modules or certifications. These certifications focus on the service lifecycle, the use of process and practice within the lifecycle and developing the skills needed to deliver quality service management practices in an organisation.
The Capability certificates, which includes the Release Control and Validation are made up of four modules, are focused toward those who want a thorough understanding of ITIL processes and roles. The primary focus is on activities, execution and use of the processes throughout the entire service lifecycle.
Innate Labs is a high end IT services, training and consulting organization providing IT services, training and consulting in the field of software quality assurance & testing, software development methodologies, process improvement, Service management and project management.
Intermediate Level - Capability Stream
"It not only helped me to achieve ITIL certification but also provided me the practical insights to improve my day to day work and help my organization achieve ISO 20000."
IT Manager, QSG - Vadodara
"The course was really good in terms of facility, faculty and materials provided. Faculty was able to explain all our questions in detail to understand ITIL concepts thoroughly which helped in clearing the ITIL certification exam with ease."
Network Administrator, L&T Infotech, Pune
"Trainer is very good and he has lot of patience to clear all the doubts and having a good command over the topic too. My special thanks to Innate Labs team to help us get the most valued certification in IT Service management - ITIL from OGC, UK. Scored 98% in the exam.
Senior Manager - IT Infrastructure - Reliance Industries Limited
It not only helped me to clear the exam but also provided me the practical insights to improve my day to day work and help my organization achieve ISO 20000."
Senior Manager (IT), Gujarat Gas, Ahmedabad
"I was skeptical about this course and certification as to whether it would actually add value to my career or not. Attended the course last month and I am amazed by the knowledge points as well as best practices I have learnt. It helped me to clear the ITIL exam too with 95%."
System Admin, Rishabh Software, Vadodara
"I am extremely happy for doing ITIL course in Innate Labs. It was a 2 day knowledgeable journey with you. Before I joined Innate Labs Training , I didn't had much knowledge about ITIL stream and even Innate Labs. But after I started to learn this course, I definitely gained much more knowledge than I had expected. "
Head (Operations), Tulip, Mumbai
I am pleased by the exemplary knowledge and practices I have came across in this training workshop conducted by Innate Labs. Becoming a foundation level certified ITIL professional (87%) provided me with a accelerated career growth in my current organization too."
Senior Consultant, Ernst & Young, UAE
EXIN is an initiative of the Ministry of Economic Affairs - Netherlands. Established in 1984, EXIN went on to produce various IT standards, such as the ITIL®, PRINCE2® and ISPL and now is the world's leading provider of independent information management certification and accreditation. EXIN has been providing the certification and accreditation services in these fields for more than 30 years now.
Around the world there is a growing interest in improving and verifying standards, processes and procedures. As a leading accreditation, certification and examination body, the APM Group are at the forefront of exciting and pioneering developments in this global phenomenon.
APMG-International is a leading Examination Institute which accredits training and consulting organizations, and manages certification schemes for professionals. APMG-International is in turn accredited by Axelos Limited, the Official Accreditor of the PPM Portfolio, and by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) as a certification body.
ISTQB is an International Testing Qualifications Board established in 2002. The board is responsible for the "ISTQB Certified Tester".
CMMI®, Capability Maturity Model®, Capability Maturity Modeling®, CMM® and Carnegie Mellon® are registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office by Carnegie Mellon University. ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of Axelos Limited - UK. ICTP, ICTA and ICQA are service marks of Innate Labs Private Limited. COBIT is a registered trade mark of ISACA and the IT Governance Institute (ITGI). PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of Axelos Limited - UK. The Swirl logo™ is a Trade Mark of Axelos Limited - UK. Test Maturity Model and TMM® are the service marks of Illinois Institute of Technology. TMMi ® is the registered trademark of the TMMi®Foundation. "PMI", "PMP", the PMI logo, the PMI Registered Education Provider Logo, "PMBOK", "PgMP"are the registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.